Because I finished Ada's costume, I decided to start working on Bobbi's. I'm hoping to get it finished before Uncle Nathan comes. Then he can drop it off when he passes through Phoenix on his way to Tucson. I figured that would be more cost effective than trying to ship the darn thing.
So, Baubrey gets the blue dress from Brave...the one trimmed in gold...from the archery contest. I dyed the fabric using Dylon Ocean Blue...turned my hands purple, but the fabric is gorgeous! I've got it mostly stitched up. I just need to attach the sleeves. But I probably won't be able to do that until tomorrow. See, I wasn't able to purchase any gold trim...cost too much. And where the bottom six inches is supposed to be gold...yeah, that just wasn't going to fly with Matt. So I opted to use gold thread. I spent all night Thursday stitching up the neckline only to realize Friday morning that there was no way a five year old was going to wear that dress because the gold embroidery would itch too much. On to plan B.
I bought gold puffy paint.
And it seems to be working out beautifully. The only problem is that I can't paint it all at once...only small sections. And I have to wait four hours for the paint to dry enough so I can move on to the next section.
While I wait, I think I'll get the next Hunting Dress dyed and ready to cut out for one of the Rakozy girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are just so talented. The gold puffy paint looks perfect.
Post a Comment