Ada has her first ear infection. And I am a little peeved at one of the pediatricians. I know I have ranted about how I dislike her...she's just not thorough. And you're probably thinking "so why the heck did you go see her?"...right?
Ada had been sick since Tuesday, but she was already scheduled to go in for her normal 1 year check up on Friday. It didn't make sense to cancel the one when it was so close, especially since this was the only time I would be able to take her. So we went in for that and explained that she had not been feeling well. The doctor barely touched her, said she was alright, and ordered the vaccinations to be given.
So imagine how upset I was to wake up to my daughter vomiting all over me. We had to wash our sheets for the second time this week. Then, not two hours after the vomit, she decided to have explosive diarrhea all over my couch...again, not happy. Then it happened once more.
Certain there was something wrong and that she was in fact NOT alright, we took her to see the other pediatrician today. He actually examined her. Picked her up, touched her, tapped, patted, all sorts of things. Then he asked the cloud of med students that usually surround him to do the same. He then tells me Ada has an ear infection.
I'm positive it didn't develop overnight, so why didn't the other doctor see it? She had looked into Ada's ears and said "happy ears". What was she looking at?
As further evidence of this doctor's incompetence...
My little niece went in earlier in the week with difficulty breathing and a whole host of other problems. This doctor was unable to say what was wrong, but proceeded to give them 5 prescriptions, including eye drops for pink eye after saying the child doesn't have pink eye.
After a week without any improvement she was finally taken to the other doctor. He took one look at her and knew it was pneumonia...double pneumonia. She had to be admitted to the hospital for two days.
I know which doctor I will never trust with my child again...
Ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment