Background

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beans

This diet entails eating at least one serving of beans or lentils each day. I've been having a hard time getting that in, so I figured I oughta make me some beans. I'm just not sure I have enough recipes for the different types of beans. I mean, my mother used to make beans EVERY Sunday when we were growing up. There was never any question what Sunday dinner would be because it was ALWAYS beans in one form or another. But they also always had some form of meat in them, or were heavily laden with sugar.

This Love Soup book had a recipe for White Bean and Garlic Soup; I thought I'd give it a try. The only change I would make is to add a little Italian Seasoning and Parmesan Cheese to the soup right before serving. Otherwise, it's quite a tasty way to get my serving of beans...It looks awful, though.

1 comment:

Carly said...

i use the bobs red mill bean soup mixes all the time, and i also buy the sodium free canned beans whenever they are on sale. throwing a can of black beans, a can of pinto beans, and a can of kidney beans in a pot with a can of no sodium added tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons of chili powder, a chopped onion and a chopped bell pepper- that is one of our favorite meals. bring it to a boil and then let it simmer until your onions & peppers are tender. AMAZING and easy. :) you can change it up however you want, too. :)