Background

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ada's ONE!

Yesterday was Ada's first birthday. I can't believe it's already been ONE whole year. So much has happened over the course of that year.

And now she's walking like crazy, and growling like a demon, and signing (and singing) up a storm. Her hair is finally long enough to put into pigtails, so now I need to get some cute barrettes to put in it.

She can say "mama" and "dada", and she signs "more", "please", "milk", and I think I may have gotten a "thank you" and "french fry" today.

She can go up the stairs and down the stairs all by herself. Scared my mom a few weeks ago because she didn't realize the gate to the stairs had been left open. One minute Ada was right there, the next moment she was downstairs at the back door.

She loves to be in the kitchen and will eat virtually anything I give her. Favorites are: banana (all time favorite, growls whenever she sees one), milk, soy milk, steel cut oats, dried blueberries, banana chips (of course), bell peppers, onion (red and yellow, just chomps away), snap peas, cucumbers, squash, mushrooms, celery (yep), oranges, grapefruit, any berry, apples, kiwi, kiwi, and kiwi (she loves it), and like a true Willis...olives...and it goes on and on. The list of things she won't eat is much shorter...(I can't think of anything to put here)...

We decided to take the dear thing out to dinner for her big day. So we hit the Cheesecake Factory. So tasty. She ate most of my dinner, and quite a bit of my cheesecake, too. She was so full, in fact, that she passed out. She passed out so thoroughly that Matt and I were able to find a last-minute sitter (Sarah Johnson, you're a lifesaver) and go to a movie...the child slept almost the entire time. Lovely evening.

Happy Birthday

No comments: