Background

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rolls... and a Bun

I'm taking an Intro to Foods class just for kicks. I only have one required course this semester so Matthew thought I'd enjoy a cooking class...and I do. It's fun to go and try new recipes and learn something a bit more in-depth about the buying and storing foods and new preparation techniques.

We've made soups and candies, homemade noodles, pies and muffins. And today we made rolls...mmmmm. I literally sat and ate the whole bunch...and if I'd had a stick of butter, that would be gone, too. They were so tasty.

My teacher came up to me during class and asked me what my major was...My response, of course, was "getting outta here as soon as possible." That's my usual response, and I usually follow with an explanation that Matt is getting his Bachelor's, so I'm just getting an Associate's because it will transfer to another school without me having wasted our time and money.

She STRONGLY encouraged me to go on to culinary school...something I've always wanted to try. But it's just so dang expensive! It would certainly be lots of fun, and I'd love to cater or do cakes or something...it might have to wait until the kid is in school...but it might not. We'll have to find out where we wind up and then go from there.

Right now we're planning on Chicago, which has its perks, but Salt Lake is lookin' pretty good, too. Well, wherever the boy gets a job, that's where we'll be.

On a side note...the boy caught me on the phone...I didn't have time to say "Put...The Camera....Down" as my mother would have.

This is the result. 29 weeks in the oven...11 to go...and I just keep getting bigger and bigger. On second though, maybe it was good that I didn't have that stick of butter.

3 comments:

Gena said...

It's about time we saw your belly! You look good. I bet that food class is so fun, and I bet you do a great job at it! That'd be awesome if you could do culinary school someday, you would rock at it!

Anonymous said...

I think the picture is adorable. I am so super excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your super cute baby.

Beth (the bread distributor) said...

You do make quite the sexy prego lady ;);) "whut's hhhappenin hotstuff?"

Now come home and make ME some rolls!