Background

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nesting...Fact or Fiction?

Yesterday Matt and I painted our back bedroom. We had to because the boys' posters wreaked havoc on the walls, and I want our security deposit back. But it put me in the mood...

I scoured the bathroom...took toothpicks to the base of the toilet and tub (am I crazy?), wiped the walls and baseboards, cleaned the cabinets, in addition to the usual cleaning.

THEN, I got sick of looking at our dirty linoleum floors. Never mind the fact that I mop regularly. There are just so many grooves that regular mopping doesn't pick up all the dirt. So I got a bucket and Borax and started scrubbing. Then I thought "a toothbrush might get this dirt a bit easier." So I found an old toothbrush and Whoa! It was amazing! Unfortunately, the toothbrush didn't last as long as I had wanted and was taking a long time to make progress. Matt finally took pity on me and bought me a real scrub brush. I love it! My kitchen floor is spotless! This means that we just need to give it a quick wipe down just before we leave.

Next on my list...the hall and bathroom floors.

Matt took care of finishing off the back bedroom...washing the window and removing the painting tape, and vacuuming. We just need to do the blinds and then we can seal off that room, never to be touched by human hands again...at least by us, right?

One step at a time...one at a time.

No comments: