Background

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and...Rice Krispies?

Last Sunday Matt and I decided to try another one of her recipes. Amazingly, I wasn't too terribly impressed by this one. And it turns out she has recently changed her mind about it as well, opting for a more traditional take on the tasty sugary treat.

I think that with a few minor modifications these could be fabulous. For one, the crispy layer was not nearly enough...it was too thin compared to the massive amount of chocolate and peanut butter that were poured on top. So...either double the cereal recipe or half the peanut butter chocolate recipe. Likewise...the very top layer did not seem to be enough. I also found the fact that they had to be refrigerated or else they would fall to pieces just a little problematic. But they were tasty...requiring copious amounts of milk to wash down the massive peanut buttery layer...but tasty all the same.

I did try another version in class when we were having our Fudge Day. One of the girls brought in her version of the treat and I think I'm going to try to duplicate it. Thick layer of cereal cooked in sugar and corn syrup (much like these were) with pieces of peanuts mixed in. Then they were topped with butterscotch chips...and then topped with milk chocolate. OOO sooo goood. Somewhere along the line, the sugary mixture turned caramely and gooey which really paired well with the butterscotch. I'm going to try...I promise. And I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Careful what you eat if you are having gall bladder attacks.