And I am so grateful. This semester has just flown by, and with all that has happened, my baby is still growing healthy and strong. This makes me very happy. My teachers have been really good working with me, for which I am also thankful.
On Monday I was diagnosed as being anemic with signs of a lingering infection, and the doctors said that we might not be able to travel for the holiday. For the first time in my life a doctor ordered me to eat...a lot. I don't think that'll ever happen again.
By Tuesday I was looking and feeling MUCH better, so I'm grateful that we'll be able to go and spend time with my family. We'll be driving to Phoenix on Saturday morning by way of Las Vegas. We found three girls who needed a ride to LV and they're all willing to pay...I get a free holiday! Wohoo!
Today I have to take my Glucose Tolerance Test. I'm not really looking forward to that as the doctors have already tapped my vein (that's right, I have only ONE good vein...and it's status is debatable) twice this week. No wonder I'm anemic...those vampires keep taking my blood.
Last night Matt and I went to Walmart to pick up a few more items for my Family History Project. On the way home, while we were sitting at the intersection, we witnessed an accident. Pretty nasty one, too. I'm so grateful that it wasn't us. And I'm glad that we were right there so we could help. I got the call off to 911 and then went to see if everyone was alright. I've been to several accident scenes in my life, but I've never had to see one quite like this...it wasn't the worst one ever, but it was the worst that I've seen in person. Truck vs sedan...guess who won. There was a girl still pinned in the sedan when we got there, and there were some cuts and possible broken bones, and six very shaken occupants.
I'll admit to being a little disappointed at the 911 dispatcher I spoke with. She didn't bother getting any information about the accident except the location. I was force feeding her what she needed and she kept wanting to hang up on me. I even told her that there were injuries and that we would need an ambulance, but she didn't dispatch one until after the officer arrived and asked for one. I suppose what upset me most was, while none of the injuries were life-threatening, what if they had been? What if that HAD been us in the accident? I would have been the one pinned. I think I would appreciate the medical help sooner rather than later...ya know?
Well, I am grateful that none of the injuries were life-threatening and that five of the six people were able to literally walk away from the accident. I'm not sure about the gal that was pinned, but I'm sure she's fine.
This weekend, please be safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have the anemic problem myself. Try to find foods you love that have iron. Black eyed peas, spinach,steak are just a few.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in Phoenix. We can't wait to see you in December.
I'm glad you'll be able to be with family for the holiday! And what a great week, especially, to be ordered to eat a lot! Lucky!!
Be safe yourselves! Accidents are so scary! I hope we all make it back safe and sound!
Post a Comment