Background

Thursday, May 21, 2009

So Sore...

So Matt and I have been without a car since Monday evening. It's in the shop getting the struts fixed. This has meant that Matt and I have to ride our bikes and walk everywhere. At first I wasn't too terribly enthused...it's hot and windy and just outright inconvenient. But over the last few days I've actually started enjoying it. I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. The wind is really only bad in the afternoon, so the morning rides are fine. And it's good exercise.

Anyhow, I woke up this morning and everything just hurts. Yesterday was my first day babysitting, a 20lb 4mo old little girl. She's so big she can't be put on her stomach because she can't lift her head. She keeps trying to sit up but doesn't get very far. HUGE! And after her mother left she only wanted to be carried around, so my arms hurt. I also had to drop her off at school at noon, but with no car that meant walking up the hill pushing a stroller that was packed (no space to spare) and carried a 20lb baby.

Then last night Matt and I had to do a session at the temple. It was windy, we had no car so we had to walk, the temple is at the top of the hill and we live at the bottom...skirts and wind don't mix well. Fortunately about 1/2 way up the hill a couple stopped and asked us for a ride. They weren't going to the temple, in fact they were headed in the opposite direction. Thankfully, we got the ride we needed which meant that we were on time for our session. The walk home was really nice, still very windy, but it gave us a chance to talk and spend time with each other. I think that sometimes we get so caught up in our schedules and what has to be done that we forget the simple things. It was a wonderful experience.

But anyhow, with all that exercise everything is sore. My butt, my calves, my arms, my tummy (not sure why)...it all hurts. But it's that good hurt that makes you want to keep doing it, ya know? Anyhow...

Hope everyone has a great day!

2 comments:

Carly said...

keep it up erin! all that hard work is good for ya! :) i'm trying to walk a lot more, too, we only have one car so i'm left with no other option a lot of the time! :)

your tummy hurts because your core muscles power your walking! :) good posture while you walk is like doing crunches, so keep it up! :)

Stephanie said...

Love you guys.