Background

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Finished

Last year Matt and I were nannies for the martian lady. She had this really cute little girl, and we thought it would be fun to make her room a little nicer for her. Soooo, we decided to make her a quilt for her birthday and Christmas.

I have always wanted to learn how to quilt, but had never really had the time. I didn't realize just how expensive it was. We bought one of those jellyrolls of fabric and stitched all the strips together. Come to find out, it wasn't big enough to fit her twin bed, so we bought some more fabric to sew around the outside edges to make it a little bigger. It still didn't fit. We eventually spent nearly $100 on the darn thing and it was still too small. Fortunately, I didn't have time to finish it while we were living with the crazy lady and wound up taking it to Salt Lake City with us.

Well, I didn't finish it there either. It just sat in the top of our closet waiting, and waiting. So when we moved back to Rexburg, Matt asked if we had any extra blankets...we've been freezing lately. I remembered the unfinished quilt and decided to give it another go.



What do you think?

Someday I'll actually figure out how to do the fun swirly quilting designs. Until then, this'll have to do. It's one of Matt's new favorites because it's the perfect size for the sofa. I'm already jonesing for my next jellyroll of fabric, but $30+ is a little steep for us right now, and a good size quilt would take more than just one roll. Maybe Christmas...

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the quilt fabric it is beautiful.

Ben (the bread winner) said...

Me likey. Me wanty. hehehe