Background

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Break Down...

I had a mini breakdown today. Everything just came to head and I couldn't handle it. I showed up to my Communications class thinking that I had done everything I was supposed to, only to find out that my teacher had given a new assignment last night AFTER I had already gone to bed. He also didn't show up for class two days in a row, so our class missed things that he had done in his other classes. I have to give a speech on Friday...THIS FRIDAY. I have to go first in class. Last week I turned in my topic proposal...steps for getting out of debt. All the other classes got his feedback on their topics last week. I got mine TODAY. He doesn't like my topic. It's supposed to be an Informative Speech. He thinks my topic is Persuasive. I disagree. I'm outlining the steps that need to be taken to get out of debt, not telling why we should get out of debt. He suggested I write about the affect of debt on people. How do I do that without making it persuasive? Debt affects everyone differently. What upsets me is that I only have two days to rewrite my speech. And I didn't get the assignment from last night.

That just put me in an awful mood and pissed me off for the rest of my classes. So when the girl in my Book of Mormon class, the one who makes nonsensical, irrelevant comments in class, the one who speaks so quickly that she can barely be understood...when she raised her hand and started speaking, I was livid. She was wasting my time, as she does every day, and I didn't want to hear anymore about her uncle in the Navy (that's usually what her comments are about...in a Book of Mormon class!)

And then, in math, when the girl (that's right, there's one in every class....five in my sociology class) that makes stupid, irrational, pointless remarks about how she was able to use math in real life and about how good she is and how smart she and her husband are with their finances (that's what we're studying in math...don't get me started on that one), when she starts talking, I become almost irate. Once that happens, I know it's time for a long nap and that I need to get out of class and as far away from here as quickly as possible.

I've taken my nap and feel much better. But I can't stand stupid people.

1 comment:

Beth (the bread distributor) said...

ah ehm... I don't think this one helps in the "trying to be more positive" goal of yours. Here I'll help: He says, "Welcome to college." You say, "Um... I understand you're a new teacher here - who is your department chair? Welcome to college." Hehehe. See - that would be something positive that you could focus on - helping rid BYU-I of that awful man!!