Background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Recovering...

New Years Day I started bleeding a little but didn't think much of it because my sister had said that spotting was normal. The next day was a little heavier and I started cramping. I then started to feel really sick.

Saturday morning I woke up at 1AM with awful cramps and heavier bleeding. Matt took me to the ER where I was diagnosed with pneumonia. They gave me an ultrasound and determined that there was no heart beat in fact it was just a sac. They sent me home and told me to come back if it got worse.

Sunday it got way worse. I had difficulty sleeping all night and was saturating a pad every time I coughed. Sunday afternoon came and Matt took me back to the ER. We miscarried and I had to go in for DNC surgery which helped to stop the bleeding and the cramping. They sent me home about an hour ago. I'm a little nauseous but I'm doing well. What a crappy vacation it's turned out to be.

I have to go in tomorrow to make sure that I am good to fly on Tuesday. Classes start on Wednesday. This will be fun.

1 comment:

Carly said...

God bless Erin you are in my thoughts and prayers.