Background

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Have Another Job!

Because the dance staff job only had me working 6 hours each week, Matt and I decided it would be beneficial if I found additional employment, especially since the staffing agency he's been with doesn't have any work for him. I think he's gonna try to donate plasma... Fortunately, several early-morning janitorial positions opened up yesterday...so I went and got one. It's gonna be killer on Thursdays and Saturdays because I work the nights before, but it pays the bills and gets me 20 hours a week.

This morning was my first day doing the janitorial job, but I wound up being late. I was supposed to be at work by 4am, and planned to be there 15 minutes early just because that's what I do. So, at 3:20am, Matt went out to start the car to get it warmed up....but it wouldn't start. We tried and tried and nothing would happen. It just wasn't turning over. Being 20 below zero probably didn't help either. So I had to call in and tell my supervisor that I couldn't get my car to start (I wasn't the only one). Matt and I then started to troubleshoot, using the internet as a reference. At 3:55am, he finally got it to turn over, and off we went. I was 20 minutes late, but at least I got to work/school. I was worried I'd have to miss my class today.

Matt's assignment while I'm in class is to figure out how to prevent this sort of thing in the future. We can't afford to miss work or school.

No comments: