Background

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still Recovering...

I had my follow-up appointment yesterday and the Doctor said everything is looking great. So great, in fact, that I'll be getting on an airplane in about an hour to fly back for school. He gave me a prescription to shrink the uterus, so I'm basically in a constant state of "cramp" for the next few days, but walking is getting to be easier. I still have difficulty bending over. I have to go on birth control for a few months to make sure that I recover completely before we try again.

The good news, at least we know we CAN get pregnant. We'd been told by several doctors that we may need to consider adoption because they thought I couldn't conceive. Well, now we know that's bunk, so the new question is "can I carry?" I suppose we'll find out later on, not anytime soon.

I also still have pneumonia, so I feel bad for the people who will be sitting next to me. But, now that there is no baby to worry about, I can take whatever medications I want to cover the symptoms. Kinda bittersweet, actually. I've been suffering through my cold/cough (which later turned into pneumonia) so I wouldn't hurt the baby, but now there's no baby, so I have no reason to suffer anymore.

It's also a bit difficult looking through the suitcases. I made Matt pack because I didn't want to look at all the maternity clothes he'd bought for me. My mother and sister said to keep them just in case...especially since we got them for next to nothing. And a lot of them don't even look like maternity clothes....just cute tops and dresses.

Fortunately, classes start tomorrow. So that'll be a good distraction for me, I hope. Since we hadn't been planning to get pregnant, I suppose this turn in events gives us both a change to get a little healthier before we try again. I'd really like to lose a little weight and be a little more fit...and maybe have Matt graduate from college...before we have any kids.

So, I suppose you could say it was a blessing in disguise. We weren't ready for it, but were excited to have the opportunity. But now we can be prepared for the next time.

I'm still trying to work things out, but I think I'm getting to a happy place.

1 comment:

A little Birdie... said...

Glad you can see the blessings in things. So sorry that had to happen. But you are strong!