Background

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Wednesday

I'm so glad it's Wednesday. That means that tomorrow is Thursday, and I only have two classes on Thursday. Which means that it's almost Friday! Woohoo! This shortened week is just what the doctor ordered. Matt and I spent the weekend catching up on Season 2 of Burn Notice...which is great because Season 3 starts tomorrow. I've also been able to knock out a few more baby blankets. Apparently, I'm on a deadline. My sister-in-law is due in February. So much for giving me notice. Fortunately, since we know it's a girl, I'm not even going to worry about the boyish blankies...just the pink ones.

I've also been able to do a little wish-listing...

If any of you want cute baby clothes, then I'm going to need some WAY cute patterns...and really good yarn. Fortunately, Debbie Bliss books make the cut. She just has some of the most adorable patterns ever.



And, since I'm on my way to a healthier lifestyle, I've been stalking this book for a while.


I know I have a bajillion cookbooks, but I have just GOT to have this one. I mean, the gal is both a foodie and a nutritionist, so it's gotta be good. Okay, so maybe I'm just so excited to start getting healthier. So excited, in fact, that my dad and I have a bet going...50 lbs gets you $50...first one by the end of the year.

I gotta say, I was worried about trying to do Nutrisystem without actually buying their food, but it seems to be working pretty well. I'll just outline what my meal plans look like:

Breakfast-- an entree (about the size of my palm)
a serving of dairy or protein

2-3hrs later
Morning Snack--- a serving of fruit
a serving of dairy or protein......this is great, linking sugars with protein,
b/c it helps to regulate my insulin.

2-3hrs later
Lunch-- an entree (size of my palm)
a veggie salad/garden salad (as big as I want)
a serving of Fat (like nuts, or oils...salad dressing is my usual)
a serving of dairy or protein

2-3hrs later
Afternoon Snack--a serving of fruit
a serving of dairy or protein

2-3 hrs later
Dinner---an entree (size of my palm)
salad or a serving of fruit
2 servings of veggies or 1 serving of a starchy veggie
a serving of Fat

2-3hrs later
Dessert---yes, I get dessert. Usually about the size of my palm, and a glass of milk to balance it.

Matt and I have been eating like this for two weeks now and we're both down about 10lbs. He actually complains because sometimes it's too much food. But since he's been doing construction work, I haven't gotten that complaint lately.

Oh, and one cheat meal each week; not a cheat day, just a meal. I think that's the only thing keeping Matt sane. He can look forward to one really tasty, fattening, awful meal on Friday or Saturday.

No comments: