Background

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Frustrated

Why is it that when you register for classes and get your book list and actually PURCHASE the books, you find out on the first day of class that you were supposed to buy a different book? And when you go to find said book, they're out of stock. So you can't do your first few days of homework until they get in stock. Why is that, do you suppose? Why can't the teachers update the list BEFORE students register? Why are they punishing those who are trying to be prepared? Now I have to check it out of the library, and hope that they still have a copy left. (They did, but it's the wrong edition....it'll have to do).

I'm so tired today. Taking stairs and walking across campus to make it to my next class on time is not very easy these days. I'm still working up to it, but the pneumonia makes breathing a little more difficult (could also be the thin air up here) with each successive step. If I don't pace myself, I break into a coughing fit which has me almost vomitting. I finished all of my medication but I don't think it worked very well. I'll be going to the Student Health Center on Friday if this cough persists.

Matt is currently doing a job search in li'l Rexburg, and he actually started unpacking some of the boxes while I was in class. He'll be dropping me off each morning and picking me up later in the day. Our internet at the apartment hasn't worked since we moved in, so I might be spending most of my time at the library until that gets fixed. I feel like such a pest each time I call the landlady to let her know it's still not working. When it does work it's only for a brief moment and then it stops. We think...either the cable company has seriously screwed up or one of the other residents has tampered with the modem...or they're just downloading a TON of stuff. Regardless, we can't get on.

This'll be an interesting semester. I think I might actually do well this year if I buckle down and stay on top of things.

Best of Luck, eh?

No comments: