I called the apartment complex at about 6am to report the broken fridge and by 11 had not heard back from them. So I called again. They never got the report!
So, I reported it...again. About an hour later, the repairman showed up to see if it really was broken. He asked all sorts of questions like:
"How long have you been here?" two months
"Have you defrosted the freezer?" not intentionally
"When did you defrost it?" last night when it broke
Sure enough...it's shot. He said he'll get us a new fridge, but doesn't know when. I asked if, when he said "new" he meant one from the other units. Nope. Brand spankin' new, right out of the box. It's going to be so out of place. I'm afraid the other appliances might get jealous and break, too. Oh well, maybe the oven will be next. ;)
Here's the downside. It might be a few days before we actually get the fridge, which means we don't have any food in the house and will be eating out for a bit. That can get a little costly. I'm definitely going to ask the apartment to pay for the eating out...but the food that was in the fridge, I'm not sure. I've been told that's my responsibility and not theirs, because the rental contract states they aren't liable for personal property. And food, well, that's personal property. Oh well. I'll figure it out.
Matt also has a job interview tomorrow afternoon with the same temp agency that I work for. I'm excited for him and know he'll do well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute background! Love it!
Post a Comment