Background

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Don't put all your eggs in one basket....or fridge, for that matter

Yesterday afternoon, we found out that my husband would not have to work his second job. He was working an assignment from a temp agency, and it was completed, so now he's looking for another 2nd job. In the meantime, we thought we'd celebrate him being home, because I hardly ever see him. So we went out to eat. He took me to Red Robin, which was good, but not worth the price. We didn't eat it all, so we boxed it so he could have it for lunch today.

When we got home, I went to put the leftovers in the fridge. Upon opening the fridge, I found lots of condensation dripping out on me. It felt a little warm, so we turned it down. This morning, when Matthew went to get breakfast, we found the fridge to be room temperature and the freezer was in a similar condition. I'm a little upset because the appliances are as old as I am (25yrs) and they just did an inspection, and we just bought new groceries which are now wasted. We're in desperate need of new appliances, but I have a feeling they'll just pull a fridge from another unit. In the meantime, I have nothing to eat for breakfast. I make oatmeal, the real kind, at the beginning of each week and keep it in the fridge. All of our leftover meals are rotted, the milk is bad, 5 dozen eggs are bad....what a waste.

And, I have to stay home from work so Maintenance can come, and I have to clean up the rotted mess. Can I ask them to pay for the food? Just a thought.

No comments: