Background

Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy President's Day

Whatever happened to George Washington's birthday and Abe Lincoln's birthday? Why did we have to consolidate them? I liked getting both days off of school. Now I only get President's Day, which is only half as much fun.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to go in to work today, but no such luck. Oh well, we could really use the money. I've been trying to study for my Humanities 201 and Humanities 202 exams, which I am taking tomorrow. I've had a difficult time trying to focus my energies, though. I can only sit for so long...I know, amazing. And I've been staring at the material long enough that Oedipus is beginning to look like a Modest Proposal, and Louis XIV looks like a Grecian Urn. I just hope I don't confuse them tomorrow on the exams.

I did, however, accomplish something today...I am so excited. I completed another class! One less thing to worry about and the semester doesn't even end until April! I now only have to worry about Humanities 201, Humanities 202, CIT140 and Music Theory (1 more unit and I'll finish that one, too!) Such a relief, too, because my Humanities classes are starting to wear me down. Why did I ever want to be a history teacher? I can't keep anything straight anymore. Life is starting to look pretty good.

I got a call from my cousin, Jaimie. She told me she was going to be in Utah in June for EFY and asked if she could stay with us for a while. That's something to look forward to. I miss her so much. I can't wait until June!

No comments: