Background

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Reflecting

Ya know, Matt and I have been married for six years this month.  And in all that time, I have only ever purchased ONE thing to decorate ONE of our apartments...and then we got rid of it during our move to Texas.

Six years and I have never done any sort of Holiday decorating (with the exception of one or two jack-o-lanterns).  No mirrors, or candles, or wreaths...no fun prints, or cute phrases...really, my walls have been pretty much blank for the last six years with the exception of that one thing I no longer possess.

Last night I went to Hobby Lobby to purchase some more fabric (with a 40% coupon).  Darnit, the fabric I wanted was out of stock and they won't get any more until late Monday.  Well, rather than waste a trip, I decided to browse and daydream.

I've always wanted to pull out cute decorations for each holiday.  And  now I have a fireplace mantel that needs sprucing up.  And Pinterest is dangerous for someone who daydreams this much.

Anyhow, as I was meandering through the aisles, I found my way toward the mirrors.  And I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to have a nice big mirror over my fireplace?"  Like this...



...But I know how much mirrors cost, and there's no way I'd ever be able to get one anytime s....wait.  What's this?
That's right.  As I was entering another round of self-pity I spied a sign that read "all mirrors 50% off".

I was elated and immediately began doing some calculations.  I actually COULD afford a mirror, today!  So I called Matt and ran it past him, and got the okay with a nice little "Happy Anniversary" tacked on.

Now I have to clean off my mantel (it's my catch-all space), and then get Matt to hang it for me.  So Excited!



We love it.

No comments: