The way my house is set up, my entry is set back about 8ft from the front of my house, is covered and well shaded, and there are no windows. Consequently, I feel like I'm in a cave. To make matters worse, while my house is gray brick, the trim is an extremely dark blue, almost black. And so is my front door. This just makes it feel darker out there, even when the sun is shining.
I hate the colors on my house. I wish that it were a red brick, but it's not, and we're not likely to change that anytime soon. I also cannot repaint my trim anytime soon because it needs to be replaced...Matt doesn't want to paint it until that time. He's told me we won't be doing much on the exterior until AFTER I get a job. Well, I don't graduate until May, hopefully, and then I'll still need to find a job.
So, to get me through the next year or so, I took the leftover yellow paint from my dining room and painted my front door. And, wouldn't you know, I think it helped. But I don't think it was yellow enough.
So now I need your help.
Too many options? I know. And yellows are hard enough to begin with. Currently, the color is 3a. I think it needs to be brighter. I'm just not sure HOW bright I should go. So, all of you with an eye for good design, please help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment