Background

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting...and It's Killing Me

I took my last final last early last week and can only hope that all of my efforts were enough.  Out of four classes, only two have posted any grades.  I'm getting antsy.  Not sure how long I can take it.

So I'm keeping busy.  Trying to keep my mind from wandering back to this past semester.  Fortunately, our house provides plenty of distractions to keep me busy.

We moved in last month and almost immediately began making "improvements", as it were.  The lawn was overgrown, the trees and shrubs neglected, a fresh termite invasion...caught that one just in time.

Now we're working on getting Ada out of our bed.  But to do that we need to finish her room.  That began with pulling down the nasty popcorn ceiling.  I think one of the previous owners was a smoker because the popcorn has accumulated black and brown in some areas.  Down it came.  I hate popcorn ceilings, so I watched it fall with great satisfaction.

Then I decided to pull down the wall paper.  That turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated because the wall is extremely textured (three different textures in one room...like they couldn't decide which to use, so they used them all) and someone decided to wallpaper over it.  Needless to say, scraping and peeling didn't work too well.  So, I figured I'd pull down the nasty chair rail.  Unfortunately, this pulled off large chunks of the wall texture.  So I spent three days scraping as much of the horrible, mish-mashed texturing off the walls.  Now it's just a matter of taping the drywall seams, doing a smooth skim coat with drywall compound, replacing the door and window trim, and then PAINT!

We've also been working on trying to landscape the front yard and build a garden in the backyard.  I'll post pictures at some point.

Otherwise...here's my gal.





No comments: