Most of us take that to mean abstaining from coffee, tea, alcohol, and tobacco. But it contains much more than those restrictions. It also provides us with a guide for what to eat...and even when to eat it.
I'm not quite sure what led me to begin studying this section, but something caught my eye as I was browsing the internet and after that I just couldn't stop.
I have since purchased a new cookbook, A World of Wisdom. I'm really excited to begin trying to live these guidelines more fully so I can reap the blessings of "...bhealth in their navel and marrow to their bones; And shall afind bwisdom and great ctreasures of dknowledge, even hidden treasures..."(D&C 89: 18-19).
We have tried several of the recipes with great success. Matt must think I'm going off the deep end. Remember when we were living with the Martian Lady in Idaho? The crazy one? With all her oils and herbs and "natural" cleaning products? Well...she may have been onto something...I'm not saying I agree with her methods, because frankly the woman was nuts and didn't make sense half the time. But after doing some research, I think she may have been headed in a somewhat healthier direction. And she was forcing it on others rather than letting them determine for themselves if it was right for them.
Well, four years later, I have finally decided it is right for me and for my family. And I'm grateful for the learning experience I had with that family.
I think I was on the right track with Eat to Live, but it was lacking in the spiritual sector. So we're at it again, only this one is the Lord's diet, not man's. So this must be good, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment