We had initially started prepping one bedroom, but found it to be too complicated. I mean, it was wallpapered, which isn't a big deal. I can handle wallpaper. But the wall is also textured, so the glue wasn't coming off as easily as it does on a flat wall. Then I decided to take down the bizarre chair rail, which wound up pulling off HUGE chunks of textured wall. The popcorn ceiling had to come down so we could replace some of the ceiling that had started to droop. Currently, I still need to tape the seams in the ceiling, do a skim coat of mud on the wall (a consequence of removing the texture) and then replace the door trims because they came down in the process.
With all that in mind, and knowing that I start school in one week, we decided to turn our attention to our third bedroom. After a little weighing of pros and cons, we realized that it really just needed a coat of paint. The popcorn ceiling bugs me, but doesn't need to come down just yet.
So, last night Matt and I primed and painted. Today I moved in the furniture and got everything set up. All the while, we talked with Ada about her pretty princess room and told her that she would be sleeping in her big girl bed in her new room. She was really excited. But then she saw something that seemed even better.
That's right. She wanted to sleep in the window.
Mind you, it's 8 o'clock and the sun is still up. That's what makes bedtime so difficult in Texas.
Mind you, it's 8 o'clock and the sun is still up. That's what makes bedtime so difficult in Texas.

No comments:
Post a Comment