As it is, Halloween is one of my favorite days each year. I usually start planning my costume in May just to make sure that I have time to make it. I also try to have as many pumpkins as possible as well.

Anyhow, earlier this summer we joined a farm share that was supposed to have a great supply of veggies as well as cherries, peaches, and apples. Unfortunately, a late frost killed the cherries and peaches, and the apples just didn't turn out well enough for the farmers to share. So...they let us come to their pumpkin patch and pick our own pumpkins. We were only allowed one each so we decided to make it count. My pumpkin was 31 lbs and Matt's was 40lbs...the biggest we could find.
Last night we decided to carve 'em up. The kids in the apartment complex were all extremely curious to see people carving something other than the traditional triangle eyes and toothless grin. Not quite what I would have wanted...more is better in these instances, but I think we did pretty well.
2 comments:
so cool i can't even stand it!!
how are you, btw?
Wow!
Post a Comment