First, there was the time he was working framing houses during our first winter. He somehow managed to shoot a nail through his hand with a nail gun. I told him to go get his tetanus shot. He refused. I finally got him to go...he needed it.
Then there was the incident several weeks ago with the road rash. He thought he could handle it by himself and realized shortly after I got home that it was too painful. I finally convinced him to go to Urgent Care before it got infected.

Weeellllllllll....yesterday, while riding his bike to catch his carpool, he somehow managed to hurt his finger. Apparently, he has to ride through a construction zone and a large truck decided to take over the road, thus forcing my husband closer to the cones. He was going fast enough that when he got too close to the cone (the BIG ones, the BARRELS) his hand grazed the top of one and he realized his pinky was hurting and starting to swell.
He went through the whole day, taking ibuprofen and claiming that it didn't really hurt that much, it was just swollen. I told him to put ice on it and to go to the doctor, but he insisted it wasn't really that bad. I told him it might be broken, but he continued to refuse.
This morning, I finally convinced him to make an appointment at the Urgent Care in Provo (which is WAY cheaper than the one in SLC). He went on his lunch break and, guess what....IT'S BROKEN! Why doesn't he listen to me? Does he think that I overreact? Apparently I have good reason to given his history. I made him buy me dinner because I was right...and he was stubborn. What are you gonna do? I'm thinking if I make him buy me dinner each time I'm right he might figure it out sooner. What do y'all think? O well.
4 comments:
bmxoocoh no! Are you two sure you should continue to ride those bikes? Hit by a car broken fingers and road rash are pretty good reasons to rethink the whole economy thing. Sorry about your finger Matt. What do they do for a finger? Splint?
just wondering. Erin when the car hit you did you go to the doctor?
I didn't go to the doctor. There were no cuts, scrapes, or bruises and the doctor here would have charged me $300 to tell me that I'll be sore for the next few days...which I was. I'm fine now and saved $300 which we were now able to put toward his finger.
laughter is an instant vacation.
thanks for the vacation
Post a Comment