Background

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Long Day Today...

These last few weeks have really been going slowly for me, especially my days. I've been working as much over-time as possible and my days just never seem to end. Sometimes I skip my lunch break and just eat at my desk because that gives me an extra 30 minutes of pay that I would not normally have had. We get up very early to get ready for work, if we don't ride our bikes we can sleep in a little. And by the time we get home and get dinner warmed up and eaten it's time for bed. They just never seem to end. Day in and day out it's the same freakin thing.

Yesterday, I got off a little earlier than anticipated (only worked 8hrs) and went home to try to clean up and make some food for the rest of the week. We were out of bread, so I made a few loaves. The dishes were crowding the sink, so I unloaded the dishwasher and prepped it for a new load. Dishes were rinsed and scrubbed, detergent put in, and then the door was shut...but it wouldn't lock. No matter how I tried I could not get the lever over into the lock position. The darn thing wouldn't turn on unless it was locked. I fought with it for twenty minutes and nothing happened. When Matt got home he fiddled with it for a bit and then we both got upset. Normally, this wouldn't be a huge deal. But we're both exhausted and very irritable these days. We put in a work order with the apartment and nothing has happened yet.

I worked late again today, and Matt took a test this evening, so we met up in the city and went out to eat for the first time in what feels like ages. Matt and I went to Bajio's because it's one of my favorite places....mmmm. Anyhow, we parked next to this orange, seriously ORANGE, Cadillac and were making fun of it. We got into the restaurant and noticed that there was only one other couple in there...and then we said hi to Bishop and his wife. Apparently it was date night for them, and that was his Cadillac. Ooops. I hope they didn't see us pointing and laughing at their car.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have never been to Bajio's. Is it Mexican or Italian? Hope dinner was good.

Stephanie said...

p.s. Have you ever been to Cafe Rio? I have heard from Bloggers it is fantastic.