Background

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thank Goodness It's the Weekend

I can't believe it's almost July. This year has just flown by so quickly. The semester is winding down and should be over in a few weeks. I still have to write my BIG research paper and Matt still needs to write his internship paper. We both still need to complete our New Testament course as well. On a good note, Matt received a call from Novell, he had applied for an internship last year, and they want to know if he would be available in September. He will. I know, I know....you're thinking, "But he already has an internship..." His current internship doesn't encompass enough to fulfill the entire requirement, so he needs an additional one that would require him to use more of what he has learned. We still don't know if he has gotten it, but things are looking up. It would be really nice to just get it all done with this year.

On a side note, I got an additional assignment from my temp agency. So now I work part time at an advertising firm and part time at a pest control company. I suppose it's a good thing I'm not squeamish, because the technicians bring back LIVE bugs in mason jars and set them on my desk so that we can identify what TYPE of roach or spider it is. As long as it's contained, I'm fine.

We had to teach Sharing Time today. It was about how being Modest, Kind, and Reverent brings us closer to the Temple. It was a lot of fun. I made some paper dolls and several outfits. The kids needed to determine which of the outfits were temple appropriate, and then we played a game. Thankfully, we won't need to do that again for a while. Since it's partway through the year, we've decided to start looking for housing for December.

Anyhow, just wanted to leave you all with an idea of how we keep cool out here in the desert...



...In case you can't tell, that's a ten-inch fan and a tupperware full of ice...our own little swamp cooler. aaaaahhh.

No comments: