Monday, June 23, 2008
O Man Is It Hot
It's 90 degrees out there! It's freakin hot. I can usually handle hot, I lived in AZ for crying out loud. However, not only is it hot but last night a storm moved through, so it's humid, too! I walked to work this morning, not a problem because it was only 80 degrees. But, I also got a new assignment to work in the afternoons. So, I had to walk to the Trax to take downtown, and then walk to a bus stop downtown to take me out to the boonies. The bus only comes every 30 minutes. So if I miss the first one, I'm left standing out in the sun until the next one comes. It took me an hour to get there. And then, once I got there, they told me to go home and come back tomorrow because they forgot I was coming and didn't have someone to train me. Soooo, I had to take a different route to get home, which took another hour. And our a/c doesn't blow cold air like it's supposed to...it's just a glorified fan. So, I'm hot. I gladly walked through sprinklers, and when someone pelted me with a water balloon while I was crossing the street, I didn't mind so much. It felt good and I was almost home. But I'm still hot. I think I'll take a cold shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey girl! So, I really do read your blog and knwo you're speaking to me when you say you need pictures taken of your blankets :) I'll have Carly do it becasue she's my neighbor and she'll do WAY better!
Um, and about the veggie thing. How did you find it? That sounds like a great idea and I'm totally interested!
I would call the office and get tht air conditioner fixed asap
we love you.
Heather, we searched the internet for CSA's and found lots in UT. We also searched for Idaho, but the nearest to you is in Moscow. You could try searching for a farming co-op, you usually have to work AND possibly pay for those. It's been great getting the fresh produce.
Post a Comment