Background

Friday, June 20, 2008

Holy Mixed Greens, Batman

Yesterday was a really busy day. I had to go to the library to do some research for my big English paper. I wound up coming home with ten books...I only need six to eight sources, so I need to narrow those down. I also found some great articles in the Ensign to use--my paper is how living debt free is a better option than not. SO now I have to narrow down all of my sources and do a write-up on each...TODAY. Matt will be working both jobs today, so I will have plenty of time to work on my homework. I also got a second job, same temp agency, additional assignment. They'll be working around my school schedule and then I'll go to full-time.

Earlier this year, Matt and I found a local CSA (farm share). We weighed the pros and cons...it's organic, local (less travel costs), and fairly inexpensive compared to other CSA's. We paid $200 for 20 weeks of fresh veggies and fruits. We get a half-share (enough for two people) every Thursday. Last night was the first pick-up for the season. Wow! We got a handful of radishes, three Jewel bags FULL of Spring Mix and other mixed greens, and another bag full of spinach. And it's only the beginning! We'll be getting carrots, potatoes, squashes, fruits, all sorts of things. I'm so excited. It took forever to clean it and bag it all, but now we have salads for lunches and dinners. And I'll be using the spinach to try out some Deceptively Delicious recipes. Yeah.


No comments: