Background

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I know it's several days late.  We just had way too much going on here.

My parents came down from Chicago for a visit.  And they brought my younger sister and her family, my younger brother, and my youngest sister.  My older sister and her family also came in from Phoenix.  And on Thanksgiving Day, my Uncle Charlie came for a visit.

My home is not a very big one, so we were bursting at the seams.  Unfortunately, we didn't really have space to seat everyone for the big day.  But it turned out to be one of the best things to happen to us.  Definitely the most memorable Thanksgiving yet.  The ladies and I were all doing the last minute shopping and wound up driving over the bridge to Lake Lewisville several times.  Beth threw out the idea of having dinner at the lake...on a boat.  So Emilie took it and ran with it, making reservations and getting everything set...this was Wednesday afternoon, so VERY last minute.

We cooked all the food Wednesday evening so we'd just have to warm it on Thursday...one of the best ideas ever.

We spent the entire meal at the lake and rode the pontoon boat for a tour of the lake.  It was windy, but a beautiful day.  And relatively stress-free, I might add.

One of the perks of having my brilliant family come for a visit was all of the projects we were able to finish.  Our garden has a new layout...one which I think will be more pleasing to the neighbors who have to look at it.

Out second bedroom had been torn up, but now has a new layer of drywall.  Just needs to be mudded and taped.

Kitchen cabinets have a fresh coat of paint...in a more neutral yet fun color.

And now I have drapes to help block out the sun.

My living room has a new layout, with more seating options than before...and accessories to boot.

And my Christmas tree...I can't stop staring at it.

I also have a list of homework assignments to help keep me on track with the home improvements.

So, to all of my family...Thank you so much for everything you've done.  We are so grateful for you patience, your kindness, and all of your hard work.


No comments: