Background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's Saturday...

And we're working on getting the house ready for guests.

I've got most of my family coming on Tuesday, and they'll be staying through Saturday.  Some of them will be getting a hotel, but the rest are crashing here.  So we thought we'd better make this place habitable before they come.  Matt cleaned the carpet, the dog is getting groomed, laundry done, rooms completed, showers rehabbed...you know...stuff that's needed to be done for a while, but that needed a reason for doing.

We also did some more work on the garden...pulled up some of the lettuce because they didn't survive the freeze.  And then we decided to plant onions and garlic.

 ***Strike that...Jack just dug up the onions*** 

I can't wait till my entire garden is completely filled.  I don't like seeing so much empty space, but we're coming on winter here, so it's to be expected.  I'm also sad because my front yard is brown and droopy.  Last week my flowers were all blooming...big and beautiful.   But that same freeze that took out my lettuce also took out my basil, hibiscus, lantana, and vitex.  The knockouts are still blooming, but not for much longer.  Amazingly, my other herbs seem to be thriving in this weather.  I never expected my mints and sage to survive, but they did. 

I have finished both of my independent study courses.  Pretty sure I got a B in both, but I'm okay with that.  I have a pretty big project due for my craniofacial anomalies class, and a big paper due for my research in autism class.  And yet, neither of those scare me as much as my dyslexia class.  It freaks me out.  Probably because I still don't know what is expected of me...and there are only three weeks left in the term.

On a good note, my practicum is awesome.  Never expected to have such a good supervisor and I'm really gonna miss it there.  They've already placed me at my new practicum...another public school in Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD.  And then I have to take Comprehensive Exams and the Praxis...and then I'm done.  That's right, finished.  Needless to say, Matthew is beside himself.


No comments: