


It's getting more difficult to get pictures of this kid. She keeps turning her head away too quickly, and my camera just isn't fast enough to catch her in the act. But I think we got a few somewhat cute pictures of this little witch in action.
Our ward had a chili/cobbler cook-off with trunk-or-treating on Saturday. Lots of fun. I made my mom's famous chili, thinking "Hey, it's Texas...Texans know chili...this should be good..." I was expecting some fierce competition. But only 11 people made chili. Turns out...Texans don't know chili. Texans know cobbler. That's where the competition and prize money was. Cobbler. Of the chilies that won prizes, three of the four were sweet. Sweet chili? Yep. Not one of them was spicy or had even the slightest kick to it and most of them had more than the usual amount of sugar.
Maybe the results would have been more favorable had everyone been allowed to judge, but only the bishopric's votes counted. So I guess I shouldn't say Texans don't know chili...I guess the more accurate statement would be my bishopric doesn't know chili...they know cobbler.
So my mom's usually-award-winning chili didn't win an award in Texas. But at least it still conquers the other chilies in her ward's cook-off...and I still love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment