I prayed that I wouldn't drop her, or anything else, on my way down the three flights of stairs. I finally got to the van and put her in her seat. But as I was buckling her in I looked down and saw that she only had one shoe. The other must have fallen off somewhere along the path. Faced with this strange dilemma...I can't leave her in the car so I can go find the shoe...I can't lift her and carry her anymore to go find the shoe...can I let her go barefoot at church?... but then I'd have to carry her in the church if she doesn't have shoes on... All these thoughts whirred around in my head as I tried to figure out what to do. Then I looked down. On the floor of the car was another pair of shoes. They were far too small, I thought, because she grew out of that size months ago. But faced with no other alternative, I tried them on...and they FIT. Who would have thought. She wore them the whole time with no complaints.
Later that evening, Matt and I decided to try them on again. Couldn't do it. They were just way too small. Like I said, she had grown out of them MONTHS ago.


On a side note...I think Ada finally figured out how difficult it is trying to juggle everything with being a mom. During sacrament meeting she kept trying to put on my purse and hold her bundled baby while trying to open the door to leave. She kept dropping the baby. It would come unwrapped and she would pick it up, give it kisses, and bring it to me to wrap again. At which point she would start all over...purse, baby, door...drop.
No comments:
Post a Comment