Last week I had my gall bladder removed. I'd been to the ER on several occasions for chest pain and nausea. They found out my gall bladder wasn't working, so we opted to have it removed. Turns out I had a gall stone, too.
For some reason, a week later, I'm still bruised and sore. I get to see the surgeon tomorrow for my post op appointment, hopefully we'll know more by then.
My in-laws came for a visit to help with Ada, which was incredible. I can't lift her. Won't be able to for at least a month. And she doesn't understand that, so it was nice to have grandparents to do the lifting.
The ward has been phenomenal, planning and delivering meals for my family. I really appreciate it.
Teachers have been understanding. It's midterms and they're all allowing me to take the tests when I return to school. Any other school would have said tough luck, but they're working with me, and that's unheard of.
Matt's employer has been very understanding, and his schedule is set up in such a way that he was home most of last week to help me.
I am truly grateful for being placed here at this time. I know that if we had moved anywhere else, if I had gone to any other school, or Matt had a different employer with a different work schedule, things would not have gone as smoothly. But things just seemed to fall into place. Everything is working out for the best.
So, even though I'm bruised and sore...things are good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment