Background

Friday, March 8, 2013

Ginger

I'm beginning to understand why ginger is in so many recipes on this juice fast.  Not to mention, each morning begins with a glass of ginger tea with lemon followed by a chaser of cold water.  And then three of the daily recipes usually have copious amounts of ginger in them.  Consequently, the drinks have a very strong flavor, and are also usual very spicy.

But if all you can have is juice, then ginger juice is a good choice.  Here's why:

Ginger may be used to treat motion sickness, nausea and vomiting, and stomach upset.  It's also useful in treating respiratory infections, diarrhea, dizziness, and excess phlegm. 

Well, with my body going through a detox, I have noticed a sore throat upon waking this morning.  Likewise, my tummy was not feeling all that well (of course).  Yesterday I decided to pull weeds in my garden (not wise) and also became a bit dizzy.  This ginger stuff is quite helpful, but doesn't make the juices taste any better. 

On a happier note...I am down 2 pounds.  Wohoo.  And apart from the sore throat, I feel fine. Perhaps our once-a-month fasts have prepared me for this.  Whatever the case, we're gonna stick with it for at least a week.

No comments: