Background

Friday, February 22, 2013

Setback

We had a bit of a setback with the weight loss last week.  It began with Ada's birthday on Monday.  The girl wanted burger fries and a Mermaid cake.  I got the smallest I could, but it was still too much.

Then Thursday was Valentine's Day and my hubby just couldn't resist buying chocolates and other goodies (and I had to eat them, you know).

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were completely out of my control.  I had to attend a conference for Laryngectomees where I would learn all about a laryngectomy procedure and how to care for it.  Meals were provided as some of the laryngectomees were sensitive to certain foods.  I also think the hotel didn't want us bringing in outside food so we'd have to pay for theirs.  In any case, breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all provided.  When I registered I made sure to opt for the vegetarian options, but they were still smothered in oil and covered in cheese and mayo.

And then this Monday, everything was going well until my husband asked me to come out and help him with trimming our pecan tree (giant 35-foot tree).  He had somehow gotten the trimmer tangled on a branch and wanted me to help him pull it down.  Well, it came down...along with a branch...full speed, at my head...it hurt (I'm still bruised).  So he bought Mexican to apologize.  And I'm not talking Taco Bell Mexican...he went to El Fenix...very tasty, but oh so terrible.

So, for all of last week, we only ate what we were supposed to for TWO days.  Sadly, that resulted in a net gain of 7 pounds.  So I'm playing catch up here.  But we're doing well with it.

I told Matt we have got to stop rewarding/apologizing to each other with food.  We need to find another reward system.  Maybe a manicure or new shirt or something would be a healthier option.

And I have to get my kid to stop asking "What you want for dinner?  You want burger fries?".  It's the first thing she says when she wakes up in the morning, and the last thing she says before passing out at night.  She really likes her burger fries.

No comments: