I have less than one week until I have to take the dreaded Comprehensive Exams. I need these so I can graduate. And I'm a little nervous.
Someone in the program sent out a HUGE 206 page Study Guide. It freaked us all out (I wonder if one of the teachers did it...hmmmm). Anyhow, I've been sitting on it since January and only looked at it once. It was so disorganized. It was like reading someone's notes on quantum physics.
Then, last week I remembered that a friend who had graduated last semester gave me the study guide she had used. And I remembered that it was NOT 206 pages...more like 15 pages. And so the studying began. But I just haven't felt like it's been doing me a whole lotta good. There's too much to remember.
Then I remembered something I had seen on the internet. I had been reviewing homeschool curricula and noted a study strategy I hadn't seen before: use your notes to give a lecture. Which makes total sense if you know the BYU-I learning model, which states that if you teach it to someone, you'll understand it better.
So this afternoon I've been lecturing to my kitchen table going through all of my Child Language topics. It seems to be working really well; but it's taking a LOOOONG time. And I have to take the exam Friday morning. I hope I can get it all done well enough to pass.
I figure I have four sections: Child Language, Child Speech, Adult Language, and Adult Speech. If I do one each day I should be able to finish by Friday. I hope this works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment