Background

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Prep

Matt got us our first Christmas tree. In the five years that we've been married we have never had a tree to decorate. Well..that's not exactly true. Our first Christmas my parents were in Idaho helping my then very pregnant sister and her husband pack up to move home. While there, my parents made a visit to D.I. where they found a two-foot fiber optic Christmas tree with a few small ornaments. Considering Matt and I didn't have ANY furniture at the time, it was quite interesting walking into our tiny apartment and seeing this tiny tree in the corner.

Matt found a great deal on Black Friday for a pre-lit tree, so he got it...and a box of ornaments. I feel like I've graduated to the real world. We are actually going to have a real Christmas with presents under the tree. We've almost finished Ada's shopping. The cousins' gifts are all made...just need to ship them. The only change...Matt works on Christmas Day, so we'll be doing our Christmas on the Eve.

School lets out on the 9th...just a few more weeks. After that I'll be working on a tradition of my mother's. She makes gift platters of candies and cookies to give to, well, EVERYONE. The mailman, home teachers, visiting teachers, home teachees and visiting teachees, bishopric, her employers. During the holidays my mother's home is a smorgasbord of sugar.

Mexican Wedding Cakes
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
(possibly) Sugar Cookies...depends on how ambitious I feel
Gingersnaps
Fudge
Two-tone Fudge
English Toffee
Lemon Bars
Chocolate Caramel Turtles
Chocolate Pretzel Rods

I'm sure I'm missing something. Oh well.
Recipes and pictures to follow.

No comments: