We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday. We spent the morning with the in-laws. My MIL decided she wasn't going to deal with the dirty dishes, so we went out to Mimi's Cafe for some tasty good food. My SIL, Rachel, and her husband, Ben, both decided to come down from Indiana for the visit. We were really excited to see them. It's been a while and Ada has grown so much since the last time. She has teeth! That's right, two little teeth have poked through on bottom. Nowadays she'll only eat something if it came off my plate. Baby food isn't exciting enough for her anymore. It's funny, really.
On a side note, I discovered this morning that she likes V8. I had given her banana and was drinking my daily V8 while I made the rest of my breakfast. As soon as I opened that can she was no longer interested in the banana. She started growling at me. So I gave her a spoonful to see what her reaction was. She growled for more. So I gave her another spoonful. She continued growling. So I filled a sippy cup with her very own V8. She loves it.
Last night we went to my parents' house for dinner. Mom always makes a huge spread, enough to feed a platoon. And we were all so ready to explode. She made me come over on Wednesday to have a lesson on pie-making. I have made a few in the past, but they were never really pretty, though they tasted fine. So I finally got my lesson on how to make gorgeous pies. I think I'll have to do a few on my own now that I know how. And the lifesaver tool for making those pies?...the food processor. Yep. Made all the pie dough in the food processor and it took half the time that it normally would have. It was a beautiful thing.
So now we're all fat and happy. Ada's napping, I'm making slow progress on my homework, and Matt is back to work again.
Happy Black Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad that you guys had a good thanksgiving. We did too in cold freezing rexburg.
Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.
Post a Comment