Background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mad Hatter on the Cheap

Okay, it wasn't really as cheap as I would have liked it to be. And it's kind of a hack job because I didn't have the time to really devote to making it good. We got the shirt, pants, and coat from Salvation Army for about $30...more expensive than I would have expected. The hat was maybe about $10. The wig was another $25 for the actual Mad Hatter wig, which we just had to have. the you've got the money for the fabric dyes and the makeup. We wound up not buying the actual Mad Hatter eyebrows or hat pins. I just couldn't justify the expense for those items. I actually just cut a little off the wig and glued it on as eyebrows. To buy the whole DELUX costume would have run just over $100 and it still would not have come with everything. So I think we did pretty well...not as well as I would have liked, but pretty well.

Here's my wonderful, albeit a little chubby, Mad Hatter. Maybe next year I'll have the time to be a chubby Queen of Hearts. We can only dream at this point.



2 comments:

A little Birdie... said...

Way to go! That is awesome!!!

Unknown said...

That is an awesome costume. I can't wait to see pics of Ada in her Lady Bug costume