Background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anxious...

I don't know about you, but I just hate waiting. I can't stand it. I lack the patience I suppose. But right now it seems that a lot of what I do is wait. Four more weeks...hopefully a little less than that, but four more weeks. I'm dying here. I just want it to be done and over with...I want to be able to sleep on my back again...I want to be able to walk without my feet swelling. I want to be able to touch my toes again. I want to be able to cuddle with my little girl. I see my sisters and their daughters and...I guess I get a little jealous....Four more weeks.

Matt is still working on finding a job. He'll be spending all day hunting down leads and networking. It's been a bit of a struggle the last few weeks but hopefully things will start looking up for us.

I'm still trying to get everything done for baby. I haven't made nearly as many blankies and fun things as I had hoped. And now it's getting harder because of the swelling in my hands. I hope that goes down after delivery...it will, won't it? Still working on gathering everything that I'll need, but there are so many options...which diapers to use, what kind and how many binkies, bottles, wipies...formulas...too many options and I hardly know where to begin. Thank goodness for family and friends who have all been there before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pampers Swaddlers are the best diapers for when they are little. only get like one pack of newborn, though. they grow out of them fast! start stocking up on size 1s. nice thing is, if you don't open the pack and need a different size, you can always exchange for the bigger size. so don't open more than you need. as far as pacifiers go, maybe get a couple, but your baby may be the one to decide what kind they like, so have something to try but don't get too many till you know they like that kind. and for formula, I'd just wait on that altogether. that's usually determined by the baby, and your dr. can give you some advice, too. good luck! if you have any more questions, let me know!

Gena said...

Can you believe how much closer it is now from when you wrote this?! Aghhh!!! So soon! I'm so excited for you!