I have a friend in my Botany class who just got engaged a few weeks ago. Last Friday she handed me an invitation to her bridal shower. She said that her roommates were throwing it for her but they were making her do everything...make the invitations, the food, the games, the decorations. Needless to say I got a little upset. When you throw someone a party all they should have to do is show up...and maybe approve the guest list. When you throw a birthday party, do you make the birthday girl bake her own cake (unless she really, really wants to)? When you throw a baby shower, do you make the baby do the decorations? Of course not.
I am so grateful that my family and friends didn't make my bridal showers such awful experiences. They were so wonderful and so much fun that I get upset when I see a nice girl get gypped.
Well, now her roommates are upset with her, for some unknown reason, so the shower has been canceled. This is good because now we can give her a half-way decent experience...and now I'm in charge. Nothing too over-the-top, just simple and nice because, after all, we're all students. I now have just over three weeks to get this thing going. Wish me luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck Friend. You are going to do awesome and make it a memorable experience for her. I just know it.
Well that got my hackles up. I am so glad they cancelled it to give you the opportunity to give her a shower that she deserves.
You are a truly a good friend.
Hugs!
Post a Comment