Background

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Homemade Sugar Scrub

So I was talking to my wonderful sister-in-law the other day and told her about my sugar scrub that I use ALL the time. I figured I'll post the recipe so that she and my other favorite peoples can try it out.

1/2 c oil (vegetable, canola, light olive...a light oil unless you REALLY like heavy oils)
1 c brown sugar
2 T honey

Mix together and enjoy. I usually use it after soaping up. I don't need to use lotion afterward because of the oil and it exfoliates. I also use it to shave my legs instead of soap or shaving cream. Works REALLY well but takes some getting used to.

A few months ago Matt was going to buy me a sugar scrub but we didn't want to pay $10+ for a small thing. So I found this recipe and it costs mere pennies. I think the oil is the most expensive ingredient.

No comments: