My husband is amazing. I have been stressing all week about this impossible speech I have to give tomorrow...not sure what to say, or how to say it...but pretty sure my teacher shouldn't be allowed to teach.
Anyhow, been stressing a lot a lot and haven't had much time to really relax and enjoy some quiet time, or anything really. So Matt went and did the grocery shopping. He made the menu for the week and the grocery list and actually drove to Idaho Falls while I was in school and did the shopping. I was very surprised. And then he starts making dinner.
I'm writing my speech and I look over and find him peeling shrimp. Wait, shrimp? He bought shrimp? No way. But he did. He wanted to make me a nice meal.
It was fabulous. So tasty, in fact, that I decided to share the recipe with y'all.
Pappardelle with Shrimp
6 oz pappardelle pasta
2 T olive oil
1 mince garlic clove
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup chicken stock, divided
2 large eggs
2 T parmesan
3 T mint, finely chopped (I think it's optional 'cause the food tastes fine without, but Matt did buy me a mint plant)
Salt and pepper
Cook pasta and drain.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and saute until soft. Add the shrimp and cook until they become just opaque, 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 c broth (or dry white wine, yeah right), bring to a boil and then add the rest of the stock.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs and cheese. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat and stir in the pasta. Cook stirring until the sauce thickens and the pasta is heated through. Remove from heat, add mint, salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment