Background

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Better Late Than Never

My hands have been freezing all winter. I haven't had a decent pair of gloves or mitts to keep my stubby fingers warm during this freezing Rexburg weather. I've been begging and begging my dear husband for yarn to make me some, but with good wool coming in at $13-18 per skein/ball, we just couldn't justify the expense.

Fortunately, a few weeks ago I determined to find a way to get me my gloves...and I found KnitPicks.com. This website has 100% wool for only $2 per skein. I was skeptical. Can it really be that good? It's gotta be crappy quality to be that cheap. But it didn't look crappy...there was only one way to find out. So, for $10 (shipping included) I purchased enough yarn to make me a pair of mittens.


I waited anxiously for just over a week and was thrilled when my yarn showed up on Saturday. And after only two full days' work (spanned over four real days, of course...I'm in school)...

Well...

Whadyathink?...

Now it just needs a mate. Of course, I say better late than never because we're expecting warm weather this weekend. I won't have too much longer to wear these this year. At least I'll have something to wear next winter...and now I have a supplier to feed my habit...he he he. Things could get dangerous, sorry Matt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed. I could never do it.