Yesterday was Mothers' Day. I hope everyone enjoyed time with their families. It was a milestone for our Sunbeams class. We actually got them to do an opening and closing prayer, and to sit for most of the class. We also reviewed the songs for the Mothers' Day program. I didn't realize just how small our primary is until they all got up on the stand. I think there were only 15 kids total, which is nothing like what I grew up with. Also, usually the ward gives all of the women flowers for Mothers' Day, but yesterday we got big blocks of fudge! It was soooo good.
Both sets of parents were traveling yesterday. My parents are driving home from Arizona with my sister, Emilie, and her husband (Matt's brother), Jon. They just graduated from ASU and are moving back to Chicago. My husband's parents and younger sister were also traveling yesterday...to see us! They arrived yesterday afternoon, just in time for dinner and I'm glad they got here safely. We'll actually be spending the day together exploring downtown Salt Lake. They'll be here until about Tuesday, and were a little bummed that the weather isn't as nice as we'd like. It's been overcast and rainy, which is not what they were expecting. It's also been a little on the cool side, and they weren't prepared for that because they were coming from Arizona. Oh well.
I'm a little sad that I wasn't able to speak with my Mother yesterday. I think she had just finished a driving shift and was sleeping. I hope they arrive home safely. From what I hear, they've been just ahead of the tornadoes that have been tearing through the region. I'll be checking on them later today.
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment