A lot has happened over the past year. I completed my very first job as an SLP and managed to land another contract in a different, better funded school district. That comes with its own slew of benefits and challenges. Matthew has continued with his job, with changing shifts every few weeks. And Ada no longer attends the Montessori. My parents and younger siblings have all moved here, which presents a new series of benefits and challenges as well.
My sisters and I decided that it would be more beneficial to pay my mother to do Grammy's Preschool than to pay for an actual preschool. We figured she would be more likely to give them the love and attention they deserve better than a stranger. And she managed to produce 7 kids who were well-prepared for kindergarten, so she's not lacking in experience. She seems to enjoy it, and the kids love it. Now we just need to find a house closer to Grammy's Preschool, because it takes a while to get there each morning. But we don't want to be too close, either.
Matt recently discovered a love for Disneyland (June). He's put us on the 3-week Disney Diet...we go approximately every three weeks. Ahem...Asperger's.
I also experienced more medical difficulties this summer/fall which resulted in yet another surgery. I'm kinda getting tired of going under the knife. Every year we start a new "diet" only to have it fizzle out for several reasons. The most frequent being my husband saying "This is too expensive. We can't do it anymore.", or lack of preparation on my part, or sabotage from within the ranks. I can't have another surgery for medical reasons in 2015...vanity, maybe ;) , but not for my health.
So we'll be tackling a mostly vegan/nutritarian diet for six weeks...until Ada's birthday. Then we'll re-evaluate. A lot of the problem has been coming up with a doable routine and finding basics that are tasty and easy. I get tired of carrot sticks, but don't want to go through the trouble of chopping and juicing a whole bunch of vegetables to make a soup. If it's complicated, I won't do it. If it requires bizarre ingredients, I won't do it. It needs to be doable and sustainable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment