This time I've been studying for the Praxis and Comps. This was the way most of the other girls were studying when we took Comps together. They would be taking their Praxis the following week. Perhaps there is something to be said for doing both at the same time. I'm finding myself more confident of the material and not freaking out quite as much. Oh the things you learn.
I took my Praxis last week and feel pretty good about it. I won't find out my results for at least a month, which is a little nerve wracking. I pray that I've done well enough. No miracles, just well enough.
On Wednesday I got a call from my older sister, Emilie. She was going to be driving from Phoenix back to Chicago with her two girls (Aubrey and Kakie) to spend time with the cousins. She was wondering if Ada could come with them. They would be gone four weeks and wouldn't be home until July 4th.
Matt and I were really hesitant. Really hesitant. That would be an entire month without my baby. But then we got to thinking of all the things that needed to be done. Things which would be easier without having to worry about where my toddler was or what trouble she'd be getting into.
We're moving to Phoenix in the next few weeks. We're really only staying in Texas long enough to take my test and then we're off. We've already gotten a contract on the house (after three days on the market!) and just need to finish prepping things before we close. I have to study, clean, pack, do my calling....
And...this gives her the opportunity to spend time with her cousins, aunts and uncles, and both sets of grandparents whom she has not seen in nearly a year.
After a quick debate, we packed her up and sent her off. We didn't realize how difficult it would be not having her here with us. I'm finding myself almost bored because she's not here to keep me on my toes. I knew I would miss her; I just underestimated how intensely it would affect me.
This next month can't go by quickly enough. I can't wait to see her!
On a side note, prayers would be appreciated for this test, too. Just need to get a passing grade so we can move on. Thank you!


No comments:
Post a Comment