Vacation has finished.
School has begun, and with that comes all the chaos of figuring out when we'll see each other, where Ada will be, when will I work, study, and who is cooking dinner.
This semester is going to be rough. Even though I'm only taking two actual classes (with one weekend conference) I still have to study for my Comprehensive Exams. I've decided to postpone the Praxis until Summer (another stress right now). I'm still making up practicum hours from my first semester when I had my gall bladder out. That puts me doing three days at the public school. And I still have to get four hours of hearing screenings logged. And practice giving 25 assessments (I have 14 left).
I am excited about my practicum experience. The school I'm in is in a disadvantaged area (90% on free and reduced lunch). It kinda freaked me out that 95% of my students speak Spanish as their first language, and I don't remember enough to really get by (but my supervisor doesn't speak Spanish, so that was reassuring). I am excited about working with the developmental classroom. I will be gaining experience working with medically complex individuals (Pierre Robin Sequence, Shaken Baby, Anoxic Events, Stroke, Tumors, Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Profound Autism and Intellectual disability). It's as close to a medical setting as I can get while still guaranteeing my hours.
I'm fascinated and anxious all at once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So proud of you all for all your hard work and diligence.
Post a Comment